The law practice of Christopher Hluchan & Associates, Professional Corporation understands the sensitivity and importance of your personal information. As a result, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy in order to earn and maintain the trust of visitors to our website. Accordingly, we will use our best efforts to ensure that any information submitted to our firm is used only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Use and Disclosure
From time to time, we employ other legal counsel, agents, paralegals and students to perform services on our behalf related to information that you may have provided over the Site and we may be required to disclose your personal information to them, solely for the purposes of performing services on behalf of our firm.
A "cookie" is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not damage your system or impair its functioning in any way. These are used to tailor your experience at the Site; to show you content that you might be interested in; and to display the content according to your preferences. Cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to allow your browser to show you when a cookie is sent.
The Site collects system information from all visitors to the Site. Your system information (IP address, browser version and resolution) will allow us to enhance the functionality that is provided to you.
We maintain security measures in place in order to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. We take reasonable precautions to attempt to ensure that data stored in the system is secure. Please be advised, however, that the Internet and other various networking communication media are not entirely secure, unless explicitly specified as such, and your information may therefore be subject to interception or loss which is beyond our control. Information and data exchanged or transmitted via the Site is not encrypted and therefore the security, integrity and privacy of any and all such data and information cannot be guaranteed. You should note that all legal communications between yourself and a solicitor are privileged, and therefore, we recommend that if you intend to transmit confidential or sensitive information to us, we would urge you to contact us directly to preserve the confidentiality of such information.
The Site is not intended for children. We will not knowingly collect information from or about children and we believe that children should obtain their parents' consent before giving thier personal information. You should also note that for young persons under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, special rules apply which enhance the protection of privacy afforded to young persons which the Site respects.
Our Privacy Principles
- Accountability: we are responsible for personal information under our control.
- Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information: we will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information: we will make a reasonable effort to ensure that you understand how your information is used and disclosed by us. We will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, except as permitted or required by law.
- Limiting Collection of Personal Information: we will limit the amount and type of information we collect from you. We will only collect information from you as necessary for the purposes that we have identified. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: we will only use or disclose your information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless you give us your consent to use or disclose it for another purpose. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, we may be permitted or required by law to disclose or use your information without your consent.
- Accuracy of Personal Information: we will strive to keep your information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary. If you identify any errors in your information, please contact us and we will correct such errors.
- Security Safeguards: we will make every reasonable effort to protect your information with safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information concerned.
- Openness Concerning Policies and Practices: we are open about the policies and practices that we employ to manage your information, and will provide you with information about these policies and practices in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Access to Personal Information: upon request, we will advise you of what information we have collected about you, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed or transferred for processing.
Top of page